Is it necessary to warm up before the training process. Why do you need to do this. What movements should be performed.
Warm-up before training is an essential component of training in the gym, without which the risks of muscle damage increase and the result decreases. In addition, this is a chance to warm up muscle fibers, “start” the cardiovascular system and prepare it for stress.
What is the benefit?
Warm up should be taken as a mandatory attribute of the training process. According to statistics, only 5% of athletes follow this recommendation and are responsible for preparing the body. What happens most often? A man comes to the gym, shakes hands with friends and immediately starts training. But this approach is wrong.
The main tasks of the warm-up are as follows:
- Preheat the body and develop muscle fibers.
- To increase the general tone of the cardiovascular system. Due to this, the blood flow to muscle fibers increases three times.
- Get aerobic exercise.
- Raise the pulse to 100-120 beats / min.
The above are common goals. In the gym, this process can be replaced by intermediate sets performed before each of the exercises. The principle is to implement an approach with 20-30 percent of the working weight. The benefits of such training are similar.
Warm-up before strength training also solves the following tasks:
- Normalizes the functioning of the nervous system, increases its tone.
- Protects against muscle injury when receiving increased loads.
- Accelerates metabolic (metabolic) processes.
- It opens the way for increasing the intensity of classes thanks to an additional adrenaline rush.
- Makes the athlete concentrated, adjusts to the power load.
- Increases the speed of transportation of impulses from the brain to the cells, which guarantees a greater result from training.
Types and Features
Warm-up before training is conditionally divided into several main components – general, special, hitch, stretching. Each of them should be given attention and considered in more detail:
- Warm up (general warm-up) . The main task of this component is to prepare the body, its systems and muscles to receive a load, activate metabolic processes, and guarantee the supply of oxygen to the muscles. Time – 10-15 minutes. The components of a workout:
- jogging at a low speed;
- a set of exercises for the legs and arms;
- jumping rope;
- rotation to provide flexibility to the joints.
- Special . The peculiarity of the training is that the athlete imitates the usual work in the gym. The difference is only in the load, which is 20-30 percent of the maximum weights. The main thing is not to overdo it. Such a warm-up involves performing 8-12 repetitions. The goal is to fix the technique, “remind” the main rules of movement to muscles.
- Hitch – a set of exercises that is aimed at relaxing the body, its transition to the recovery phase. Hitch, as a rule, is carried out after the completion of the training program. This includes sipping different muscle groups, slow jogging (brisk walking) and so on. The task is to eliminate the risk of accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles, to achieve a decrease in heart rate and body temperature. In addition, blood flow is normal. If you abruptly finish the training and immediately begin normal life (rest), then the blood vessels “clog” with blood, and the heart has to work with more activity. Thanks to the hitch, the problem can be prevented.
- Stretching . This type of heating of muscle fibers is used by most athletes. There are three options here:
- Static Stretch. The essence is in fixing the limbs in a certain position for a while.
- Dynamic. It implies the smooth execution of exercises aimed at stretching the main muscle groups.
- Ballistic – fast, chaotic and motor movements.
Many people mistakenly believe that warm-up and stretching are one and the same. But this is not so. The task of the first is to prepare the body and muscles for training, and the second is to pull the muscles.
Some athletes only do warm-ups, believing that stretching relaxes muscles and reduces the effectiveness of strength training. But if it is performed without fanaticism, then its action is useful.
- Neck. To prepare your neck, stand horizontally and press your chin against your torso. Lock in this position for 2-3 seconds. Feel the stretching of the back of your muscles. Then turn the neck to the left and right side with a slight tension (the number of repetitions is 8-10).
- Trapezoid. To study it, take the starting position and put your left hand on your head. Now lower the latter onto your shoulder and fix the position for 5-6 seconds. The number of repetitions is 5-7. Next, perform similar actions in the other direction.
- Chest. Find any vertical surface (a wall, door will fit), place a hand bent at a right angle on it, tilt the body forward and slightly to the side until you feel the stretching of the pectoral muscles. Fix the position for 3-5 seconds, and then do the same, but with the other hand.
- Back. Find the vertical support and grasp it with your hand. Now tilt back and straighten your legs. Lock the position for 3-5 seconds, then repeat the movement, changing your hand.
- Triceps. Become level and get one of your hands back. The second should lie on the top of the head, and with the brush cover the elbow joint of the other hand. Stretch in such a way as to feel the triceps stretching. In the maximum position, fix for 3-5 seconds, and then do the exercise with the other hand.
- Rear beam deltas. Take a standing position, sip your elbow from the opposite position and hold for 12-15 seconds.
- Shoulders. Take a vertical (classic) position, spread your legs 25-30 centimeters. Raise your hands to shoulder height and make rotational movements of the torso and shoulders in one and the other direction (to the limit).
- Biceps hip. Prepare a step aerobics platform and stand before lifting. Now throw your leg up and stretch your whole body towards it. Here you need to feel how the back of the thigh stretches.
- Gluteal muscles. Put your feet about 25-30 centimeters wide, step back and lunge, while bending the leg at the knee joint. Keep your back flat. Then return to the starting position and repeat the exercise several times. Do the same with the other leg. The number of repetitions is 5-7.
- Quadriceps. To pull this muscle, stand upright, bend one leg and grasp the ankle behind your back. Lock the body in this position for 2-3 seconds. After repeat with the other leg.
Warm up exercises
Practice shows that the warm-up before training will be effective in the presence of the following movements:
- Walking on the spot. Duration – 3-5 minutes.
- Squats The number of repetitions is 12-15.
- Kneeling The number of repetitions is 30.
- Triceps stretch (4-6 repetitions on each of the hands).
- Shoulder rotation (1-2 sets of 10-12 reps).
- Stretching the back (7-8 reps).
- Stretching the hips.
In conclusion, it is worth highlighting a number of points:
- Warm-up before the start of classes is required. This is a way to avoid injury.
- After it, drink 200-250 grams of water.
- Clothing should be sporty and comfortable.
- It is forbidden to work with scales that exceed 30% of the maximum.
- Create a personal warm-up program (taking into account the tasks) and follow it.
This post was originally published on Business Analytics